First Day of School Picture Ideas
About this time I begin to get giddy, but try to contain myself. It’s back to school time! Around the middle of August the joy of summer has warn off and I am ready to get back into a routine. This year, I won’t be in school all day AND our youngest will be in full day kindergarten. Did I mention how excited I am? I get to pursue my passion ALL DAY!
We all love to capture the first day of school; the highs, the lows, and the children who fall asleep on the couch at 4. Here are some ideas for unique ways to capture this epic day.
- A nice clean, crisp backpack next to the nice clean shoes. At the end of the year take the same photo with the same objects.
- A moment of your usual morning routine at their eye level i.e over the shoulder of their hand and the cereal bowl.
- How they leave the house, wether they run, drag their heels, or skip.
- Have them write what they are looking forward to and take a picture of them holding that paper. You get a nice image of a handwriting sample as a bonus.
- Ask them how they feel about school as you snap the picture so you can capture the genuine feeling.
- Can’t ever go wrong with a big huge smile. I love to document over the years what their teeth look like or shall I say lack thereof.
- If you go to the classroom, one with the teacher at their level is always a classic.
- Watch how they engage with other siblings or peers. Take those candids (my favorite kind).
- How about hugging a caregiver or parent goodbye? You can always have someone else get a quick shot of you together.
When in doubt, ask your kids. They can be pretty creative! Take lots of photos. You can always delete, but recreating the same energy is tough.
Got some more ideas to add? Please leave a comment to let us know!